Punta Cana is one of the top golf destinations in the Caribbean and is easy to see why. This Tropical city features a growing lists of golf courses designed by world renowned golf course architects such as PB Dye, Jack Nicklaus, Tom Fazio and many more. Currently, two of these courses, which are Punta Espada and Corales, are rated among the best golf courses in the Caribbean and Latin America by Golfweek Magazine, with Punta Espada ranked as the number one.
For our eco friendly golfers, the golf courses in Punta Cana benefit from how ecologically diverse the eastern side of the island is. Those who play these golf courses can cherish all breathtaking views that include waves crashing over coastlines, impeccable turquoise waters and coconut palm grooves that will make a golf experience a memorable one.
Creating a golf experience in Punta Cana is an easy task to accomplish given that you can stay in hotels or villas where golf courses are located that often includes food and beverage for the entire stay as part of the Stay & Play package. We recommend golfers to stay in resorts such as Barcelo, Iberostar, Punta Cana Resort and Cap Cana that are home to the best golf courses in the area and offer an array of prices that can be adjusted to a reasonable budget.
The following are the top golf courses in Punta Cana with its location.
- Punta Espada – Oceanside golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus, located in Cap Cana where many villas, condos and hotels such The Sanctuary, Alsol and Eden Rok are situated.
- Corales designed by Tom Fazio & La Cana designed by PB Dye are both Oceanside golf courses located inside Puntacana Resort & Club that is home to oceanfront villas, luxury condos and hotels such as The Westin and Tortuga Bay
- Iberostate Bavaro – Inland course designed by PB Dye that is located inside Iberostar Resort where three types of hotels are featured that range from economy friendly to top luxury service.
- The Lakes Bavaro – Inland course designed by Juan Manuel Gordillo en PB Dye that is situated inside Barcelo Resort that offers an adults only hotel and a family hotel
- Cocotal Golf Course – Inland course designed by Jose “ Pepe” Lanceda that belongs to the Melia Resort and located in the Cocotal Residency home also of tropical villas and luxury apartments that are located right on the golf course.
photos credit Laura Kearney