We all know the term of “Fitness”. But what Does Being Physically Fit Mean?
Maintaining a good level of physical fitness is something that we should all aspire to do. Fitness is defined as “a set of attributes that people have or achieve that relates to the ability to perform physical activity.”
This description goes beyond being able to run long distances or lift heavy weights at the gym. Despite being important, these attributes only address single areas of fitness. Fitness is more than simply a question of listing which activities you do or how long you do them for.
Here are some key points about fitness.
- Maintaining physical fitness can help ward off a number of diseases.
- Different types of muscle fiber develop depending on the type of activity completed.
- Body composition can change drastically without an associated change in weight.
- Athletes’ hearts show different changes dependent on their chosen sport.
- Muscle strength increases by fiber hypertrophy and neural changes.
- Body composition can be ascertained in a number of ways.
- Stretching to increase flexibility can ease a number of medical complaints
Agree ? share your personal definition of fitness with the community. What is your practice ?